Our little family is enjoying a quiet spell. We are still enjoying our same schedule at least for another month, which will bring us to summer. If that means that my husband's schedule changes then, it won't pose a problem because I will be finished with school! My husband will be at his 1 year mark with his job, so he'll get a raise and a permanent shift (for a year). We hope it is afternoons.
The only thing happening is that I have decided to bid on jobs closer to our home, although because of the policy of years of seniority, there is a chance that I won't find one for next year. The alternative is not that bad, though it's not like I can't stay where I am. Just pray for us, I'd be very happy to get back into elementary education - it's just where my spirit is fed. I want to go where God wants me. It is definitely a process to change positions - there are so many policies and those with more years in the county get first dibs, so because I only have 4 years of seniority in Preston and zero years of seniority in other counties, I'm kinda low on the list. I'm just bidding on everything and praying, and I am allowing God to do the rest!
Isaac is growing very quickly. He has become more aware of when we are gone. He doesn't seem to get upset when he is with someone other than mommy and daddy, but if he is in the living room and we step into the kitchen where he can't see us, he screams - it's so sad. He loves to stand and if you hold his hands and help him, he will walk. I've begun to allow Izabel (our 65 lbs dog) to get closer and more aquainted with our little human. Before, I was just afraid she'd squash him, but now he's big enough that I know she won't hurt him that bad if she knocks him over or steps on his foot or something. Izabel is still not sure what he is, but she is such a good dog and lets him pull her ears or grab her fur. I'm trying to teach him to be easy, but the boy has a grip! He gets excited and just squeezes his fists on whatever is near. He grabbed my mother's cheek and she thought he left a bruise. Izabel just looks at me as if to say, "Are you really just going to sit there and let him do this to me???" Since I've let them get to know each other better, she seems to be more careful around him. She's a good dog, but very attatched.
Anyway, it's nice to have some quiet time in our lives. We are just enjoying the peacefullness. We'll keep you updated!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
So glad things are going well in your end of the world. Miss you-hope we can get together for some scrapbooking soon!
Love and Blessings,
cjw
Post a Comment